Parents’ Code of Ethics
I Hereby Pledge To Provide Positive Support, Care and Encouragement for My Child Participating in Youth Sports by Following This Code of Ethics.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all
players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my
personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach agree to the Youth Sports Coaches’ Code of Ethics.