Coaches Code of Ethics Pledge
I hereby pledge to live up to my Certification as a Youth Sports Coach and to follow the Bay View Area Redcats Code of Ethics to the best of my
ability, including that:
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large spread of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my very best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I promise to review and practice the necessary first aid principles
needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead, by example, in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and that I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth coach, and that the game is for
children and not adults.